Better backup for a virtual world
Symantec NetBackup™ is built to protect the largest and most demanding data center environments. Engineered with Symantec™ V-Ray technology, NetBackup delivers breakthrough capabilities for virtualized systems that go well beyond what traditional backup practices can achieve. A single, intuitive management console reveals all backup and recovery activity, allowing consistent policies and service levels to be enforced across the enterprise.
- One platform, one console unifies virtual and physical global data protection
- Unified global management of snapshots, replicated snapshots, backup, and recovery
- Backup and appliance integrated, scalable global deduplication across virtual and physical
- V-Ray one pass backup, instant image and single file restore for virtual and physical
- Automated virtual data protection and load balanced backup performance
NetBackup 5230 Backup Appliance and the NetBackup 5030 Deduplication Appliance are enterprise appliances and changing how customers backup and recover in virtual and physical environments.
The NetBackup 5030 Deduplication and 5230 Backup Appliances have greater performance and are built on a new, next generation hardware platform. This new platform supports customers growing workloads and prepares for future NetBackup releases. In addition, the Appliances deliver greater reliability, availability, and serviceability to further reduce the total cost of ownership.
Built on the strength of NetBackup software, these enterprise class appliances continue to lead the purpose-built backup appliance (PBBA) market.